News and Updates
Road Work North Cypress Community Milling and Paving
4/25/18 - 4/27/18
- Road Work North Cypress Community Milling and Paving
- 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Type of Work:
- Milling Wednesday 04/25/2018 and paving on Thursday 04/26/2017 and Friday 04/27/2017
- Contractor: All County Paving - Doug Carpenter - 954-789-1900
- Doug Chambers, Village of Tequesta 561-768-0483
___________________________________________________________________________Our Public Works Department has started illuminating the median on Tequesta Drive near Cypress with colored lights in recognition of various causes. January the median was pink in support of "Breast Cancer Race for the Cure." February will be red in support of "American Heart Month." This is our small way of bringing attention to important causes and hopefully raise awareness. Click here for the full list of causes and colors that will illuminate the median throughout 2017. For more information, contact Public Works at 561-768-0482.
Lighted Medians to Recognize Specific Causes
Tequesta Drive Bridge Lighting
With the assistance of the Fire and Police Department, staff utilized the Village's boat and installed new LED lights on the columns on the Tequesta Drive Bridge. We also added inline fuses in the recessed junction boxes on the walk-way to protect the column lights from surges. This will protect the LED lamps and reduce the need to utilize the boat for repairs.
Boaters will no longer be able to tie off to the lights or adjust them downward. All of the existing lights were broken beyond repair.
- Installed a total of 8 lights
- The outer columns have 2 blue lights each side of the bridge
- The center has 2 clear lights each side of the bridge
- The LED’s have a 5 year warranty