Volunteers - A Gift to Our Community
Our volunteers impart a significant amount of volunteer hours each year through their devoted service on the various boards and committees, Citizens on Patrol program and by assisting the Parks and Recreation Department with its numerous events.
Volunteering offers an opportunity to inspire, recognize, and encourage people to seek out imaginative ways to engage in their communities. By working together, we have the ability to meet our challenges and accomplish our goals.
Parks and Recreation
Volunteer opportunities are available in the Parks and Recreation Department for for approximately 16 - 20 annual events, such as Tequesta Fest, Tiki Time, Movies in the Park, and Concerts in the Park.
Complete the volunteer application and Parks and Recreation staff will contact volunteers to work.
Volunteer opportunities are available in the police department for civilians in the C.O.P. (Citizens Observer Patrol) program. The C.O.P. program is active in patrolling the Villages communities and plazas. They attend parking enforcement training, direct traffic, and attend Village events. They patrol the events on foot, assist law enforcement as a extra eye when patrolling the community events. The scope of the volunteer service for the C.O.P is:
a.) Closed home checks
b.) Neighborhood and plaza patrol
c.) Parking Enforcement
d.) Traffic Diversion/Enforcement
e.) Special Events that require the presence of the Village of Tequesta Police Department.
f.) Public Relations as a result of activities defined within this Scope of Service.
g.) Other Services as deemed appropriate and reasonable for the volunteers by the Tequesta Police Department.
C.O.P qualifications and requirements:
a.) Qualifications and Requirements:
- Must be at least 18 years of age or older, a United States citizen and a Florida resident.
- Possess a high school diploma or GED certificate.
- Complete an application and submit to an agency background check including but not limited to, fingerprinting, driver license check and an FCIC/NCIC check. Successfully pass an oral panel interview with C.O.P board members.
- Complete a minimum of 16 hours of ride-alongs with a sworn officer before being released to C.O.P patrol.
- Volunteer for at least 8 hours a month including meetings and duties.
- Attend and complete training events as deemed appropriate by the Tequesta Police Department
Corporal Kurt Blanc
Village Clerk's Office
General Office Work
The Clerk's Office is looking for volunteers who have a background in general office skills (utilizing Windows Microsoft Office products) with the ability to transcribe minutes, image, answer and direct phone inquires, and assist with general tasks related to Village events (labeling and stuffing envelopes, set up, phone communications, etc.).
Boards and Committees
The Village has a variety of Boards and Committees in which residents can serve their community. They include:
- Planning and Zoning Board
- Historic Committee
- Board of Adjustment
- General Employee Pension Board
- Public Safety Pension Board
Lori McWilliams, MMC
Village Clerk / Admin PIO
Volunteer Firefighter Program
The volunteer firefighter program offers individuals an opportunity to receive basic and advanced training along with the ability to gain experience for a successful career in the fire service.
The program will consist of 6 members and the minimum requirements are as follows:
- 18 years of age or older
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Have and maintain a valid class “E” Florida driver license
- Be a State of Florida Certified Firefighter II at time of application
- Reside within 45 miles of Tequesta
- Pass a background check
- Pass a physical fitness test
- Be a non-user of tobacco and/or tobacco products for one year prior to application and remain tobacco free while volunteering for the Village of Tequesta
Policies & Procedures
Please click on the following link for a copy of the Volunteer Firefighter Program Policies & Procedures. These are specific information on the program.
- Volunteer Firefighter Policy
- Physical Fitness
- Job Description for VFF (Support)
- Job Description for VFF (Combat)
- Volunteer Firefighter Employment Application
How to Apply