US-1 Resurfacing Project Updates
Weekly Progress Update 9/7/18:
- Milling and paving continued, finishing the left turn lanes and beginning mainline paving on the inside southbound lane
Our progress this week:
- Milling and paving continued, finishing the inside lanes
- Installation of sign foundations
Planned work for the next week:
- Installation of signs
- Milling and paving will continue throughout the corridor, beginning on Monday night with the center southbound lane
Major items impacting the public:
- Paving is scheduled to continue this week. This work will be done nightly, Monday night through Friday morning, between 8 PM and 7 AM, and will require one additional lane closure. One travel lane will remain open in each direction at all times.
Lane closure information from the weekly press release:
- US 1 Resurfacing, from south of Beach Road to north of County Line Road - This 1.4-mile lane reduction and resurfacing project began Monday, Nov. 6, 2017, in the Village of Tequesta. Work includes permanently eliminating the outside northbound and southbound lanes leaving two lanes in each direction, widening turn lanes, adding buffered bike lanes and patterned pavement crosswalks, milling and resurfacing the roadway, widening and replacing sidewalks, drainage and lighting improvements, pedestrian and mast arm signalization, vehicle detection systems, signage, and pavement marking upgrades. The work is being performed by J.W. Cheatham, LLC, and is expected to be completed fall 2018. The estimated construction cost is $3.2 million. (Fin. 428718-1-52-01, 02, 03, 04 & 05)
Restrictions: The outside lane from Beach Road to County Line Road is permanently closed in each direction to widen sidewalks and add a buffered bike lane (per the project scope), leaving two lanes open to traffic in each direction.
Nighttime paving operations: Beginning Sunday night, July 29, one travel lane, turn lane, or turn out may be closed in each direction on the mainline and at cross streets, nightly, 8 p.m. until 7 a.m., Sunday night through Friday morning, through August, for paving operations. For more information, please contact Community Outreach Specialist Meredith Cruz at 561-641-6440.