August 21, 2023
Notice of Meeting to Impose and Collect Annual Stormwater Assessments
Notice is hereby given that the Village Council will conduct a public hearing to adopt the stormwater assessment roll for FY24, which includes a stormwater assessment against real property within the Village limits of Tequesta, as depicted on the map herein
The public hearing will be held at 6:00 p.m. or as soon thereafter as may be heard, on September 14, 2023, in the Council Chambers at Village Hall, 345 Tequesta Drive, Tequesta, Florida, 33469, for the purpose of receiving public comment on the adoption of the stormwater assessment roll for FY24.
When customers of Tequesta’s Water Utilities Department pay their bills, they are funding the operation. Known as an “Enterprise Department,” the water system pays for itself through the fees charged for water … no property tax revenues are used.
The department’s Fiscal Year budget is maintained separately from the Village’s General Fund.
- Provide responsive, courteous and quality service in order to achieve customer satisfaction and improve the quality of life for the citizens of the Village of Tequesta and its other customers.
- Develop a long-range strategic plan to meet future infrastructure and utility service needs for community growth, development and expansion.
- Enhance public awareness of environmental surroundings.
Tequesta’s Water Treatment Facility has been honored in recent years by regional, state and national organizations for the first-rate quality of the operation.
- Region VI, Class B Best Operated Plant, 2002 and 2003.
- American Water Works Assn., Florida Section, Outstanding Class B Water Treatment Plant, 2003.
- Southeast Desalting Association Membrane Plant Award Outstanding Class B Water Treatment Plant, 2004.