Jupiter Federal Bridge
January 12, 2023
The Florida Department of Transportation offered a progress update presentation to the Village Council during the Council Meeting on January 12th. You can view the FDOT presentation or listen to it via our Youtube Live Stream. FDOT has scheduled two Open Houses: February 28, 2023 and March 1, 2023. Stay tuned for locations.
February 22, 2022
Jupiter US1 Bridge Replacement Project Video
The 4.1 mile US 1 Bridge Replacement Project will replace the existing bridge over the Loxahatchee River and Intracoastal Waterway in the Town of Jupiter from CR A1A to CR 707/Beach Road. The replacement bridge will consist of two 11-foot travel lanes, 7-foot bicycle lanes and 8-foot sidewalks in each direction. The new bridge will have up to 42 feet of vertical clearance, and the navigable-channel width will be increased to 125 feet. An intelligent transportation system will be installed to improve traffic flow. Permanent intersection improvements will occur at Alternate A1A and Old Dixie Highway. In addition, there will be minor repairs to the Alternate A1A bridge over the Loxahatchee River. Construction began on October 18, 2021.
For more information, please contact Community Outreach Specialist Angel Streeter Gardner at 561-886-8773 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please see below anticipated work (weather permitting) through February 6, 2023:
- Pile driving may occur to install bridge foundations. Please anticipate heightened noise levels during daytime hours.
- Constructing the main bascule piers.
- Resurfacing and reducing lane widths at the following intersections: Alternate A1A and Old Dixie Highway, Indiantown Road and Alternate A1A, US 1 and Indiantown Road, US 1 and Alternate A1A/Beach Road.
- Installing Intelligent Transportation System infrastructure.
- Relocating utilities.
- One lane in either direction on US 1 between Jupiter Cove Drive and CR A1A/Ocean Drive may be closed intermittently between 9:30 a.m. and 3:30 p.m.
- Lane closures may occur during the day 9:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. and overnight from 9 p.m. to 6 a.m. Sunday through Saturday on US 1, Indiantown Road, Alternate A1A and Old Dixie Highway.
Birds eye view of construction
US 1 Bridge Replacement Project Open House Recorded Webinar
The Florida Department of Transportation hosted a Construction Open House Webinar regarding the scheduled bridge and roadway improvements on US 1 from CR A1A to CR 707. This webinar will provide an extensive overview of the upcoming bridge replacement project including improvements, traffic impacts, and answers to submitted questions.
Open house/Webinar Handouts:
Please direct all questions to the FDOT - Contact Info:
- Bodler Barthelemy, P.E. - FDOT Project Managerbodler.email@example.com or 561-370-1127
- Angel Gardner, Community Outreach Specialistangel@valerin-group.com or 561-886-8773