Parks Master Plan
Our Parks our Values Parks Master Plan Community Survey
The purpose of this survey is to gather the community preferences to prepare a long-term strategy and a funding plan for the Parks Master Plan. We encourage all Village of Tequesta and surrounding area residents to participate. Thank you for your participation.
Complete the survey online or print a copy and drop it in the drop box outside of the Village Hall lobby.
Parks and recreation master planning is a comprehensive process that provides guidance and policy direction to local government decision makers. The planning process, which engages the community and stakeholders, provides a foundation for understanding and responding to the parks and recreation needs of residents. The process involves strategically examining the community’s vision; existing community services, facilities, and resources; and assessing future needs concerning parks, recreation, and open spaces. Planning for parks and recreation facilities attract economic development, promotes active lifestyles, and build healthy communities.
Our Parks Our Values Master Plan will provide the vision of the residents and serve as a framework for the long-term development of parks and recreation programs. The final document will allow the Village of Tequesta to assess current and future recreational needs, evaluate feasible options, develop a strategic action plan, and budget for long-term or phased-in development and improvements.
In essence, the purpose of this master plan is to develop a comprehensive vision for a park and recreation system in context of its location, natural resources, and vision of the community. This vision will serve as a framework for the long-term use and development of a park or facility in a manner that is consistent with a local government’s comprehensive plan and policy agenda.
Our Parks Our Values Master Plan will provide an understanding of the community needs and vision. It will enable to prioritize resource allocation for projects, programs, and services in a manner that is fiscally responsible, environmentally sound, publicly supported, and politically prudent. An effective master plan is the result of a collaborative effort that solicits and incorporates input from a diverse group of local government leaders, staff members, citizens, and stakeholders.
The Master Plan will provide a foundation for:
- Building credibility, support, and consensus from community members and stakeholders
- Informing citizens about a park’s needs and its community assets
- Identifying capital improvement goals that are needed to assess fiscal requirements and fundraising needs
- Guiding critical decisions about parks and recreation facilities, infrastructure, programs, and services
- Developing recommendations and an implementation strategy
Our Parks Our Values Master Plan will be a successful master planning process that will transform the community’s vision into tangible plans to create outstanding recreation opportunities, well- maintained facilities, and a customer-focused and responsive park system. It will be a blueprint guiding document, a long-term road map for the Village of Tequesta parks and recreation programs.
Public involvement is a fundamental part of the master planning process that should be documented and incorporated into all steps of the master planning process. The community and stakeholders should be involved throughout the process.
Our Parks Our Values Master Plan will embrace Tequesta’s strong sense of community by facilitating a proactive public participation program (4Ps). The residents active engagement and feedback will be the keystone of the Master Plan. The purpose of the proposed public outreach and participation program includes the following:
- Create a fun, inclusive and engaging process that celebrates Tequesta’s parks and recreation programs
- Engage a wide range of ages by providing multiple ways to participate
- Inform the community about Tequesta parks and available programs
- Listen to the resident’s current and future needs regarding parks and recreation
- Define the vision and core values that will serve as the basis of the Master Plan The Master Plan will include the input, feedback and active involvement of the Parks and Recreation Department, the Village Manager and other Village staff to ensure the resulting plan is economically feasible and environmentally sustainable.
This proactive participation program will build support and consensus for the overall Master Plan; and to provide input for a final design for Tequesta Park and Remembrance Park. The program will include the following initiatives:
- Open Forum at Village Hall
- Design Workshop at Tequesta Park
- Kiosk at Public Events (Food Trucks, Halloween, Tequesta Fest, etc.)
- Attendance to HOA Meetings
- On-Line and In-Person Survey
- Social Media Communication
Upcoming Community Input Opportunities
Community Forum Design Workshop
October 23, 2021
9:00 am - Noon
Tequesta Pines HOA Meeting
October 27, 2021
Tequesta Chili Cook-off
November 13, 2021
Fall Festival (Previously Tequesta Fest)
November 19, 2021
5:00 pm - 8:00 pm
November 20, 2021
Noon - 5:00 pm
Check back frequently for additional input opportunities.