Find answers to many of your permit questions below.  Don't see what you are looking for?  You can email us or call the Building Department at 561-768-0453 or 561-768-0454. 

Can I submit a permit application online?

Yes, visit our online BS&A system. Step-by-step permit application instructions

How can I get a building permit application?

Use the Universal County-wide Building Permit Application.

How can I check on the status of a permit?

Please visit our online BS&A system with the permit number or the address related to the permit you're looking for or call the Building Department at 561-768-0450. 

How do I make a payment?

Payments to the Building department can be made online  and entering your Reference Number, Address, Owner Name, or Parcel Number.

Where can I submit an updated COI (Certificate of Insurance) and Contractor License?

Please submit Certificates of Insurance (COI) to our permits email account or mail them to: Building Department, 345 Tequesta Drive, Tequesta, FL 33469 

How much does a building permit cost?

A Building permit is based upon the value of the job.

Do I have to get a permit to work on my own home?

In most cases, yes; however, you should call the Building Department for clarification (561-768-0450)

What type of work requires a permit?

Please call the Building Department (561-768-0450).

Do I need a permit for an outdoor gathering?

If the event meets the definition of a special event, yes. Special events are defined as "any outdoor activity, gathering or group of persons, vehicles or both, organized and having a common purpose, upon public or private property, which is likely to inhibit the usual flow of vehicular or pedestrian traffic, which is likely to creates noise in excess of that typically associated with the areas upon which the event is to occur, or which is likely to preempt or restrict use of property typically accessible by the general public. Examples of special events include, but are not limited to block parties, parades, races or walks, grand opening events, charity fundraisers, and other similar events not specifically permitted by the village’s zoning ordinance."

Complete the Special event permit application.

How do I close out a permit?

Complete the Permit Reinstatement Request Form and email to the Building Department.  

Upon receipt of the permit reinstatement request form, the Building Official then reviews to make a determination as to the specific actions that will need to be taken to close out the respective permits.

Do I need a permit to store a boat on my property?

Yes. Visit our Boat Permit page for more information.  

Please note that electrical service change-outs will be scheduled accordingly for FPL.