Planning and Zoning Board
The Planning and Zoning Advisory Board meets as needed on the 3rd Thursday of the month to consider site plan reviews and related project items. This is an advisory board to the Village Council with members serving 3-year terms and alternates serving 2-year terms. To access the Planning and Zoning Board Powers and Duties.
- Janet Strand, Chair
- Elizabeth Schauer
- Steven Eagen
- Leslee Dasher
- Theresa Maggio– Alternate No. 1
- Sherry Ambrose - Alternate No. 2
- Jeanne McEldwoney - Alternate No. 3
PLANNING AND ZONING BOARD VACANCY
The Planning & Zoning Board meets on the 3rd Thursday of the month at 5:30 p.m. to review and make recommendations to the Village Council regarding applications for site plan review, signage requested in conjunction with site plan review and any other reviews related to planning, zoning and development requested by the Village Council. The Board also sits as the Local Planning Agency and serves as the Village Infrastructure Surtax Citizen Oversight Committee.
The Board is open to all incorporated Tequesta residents over 18 years of age, must be a registered voter within the Village of Tequesta and have the following knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Knowledge regarding site plan review and site plan modifications including aesthetic review
- Knowledge regarding signage in conjunction with site plan review and site plan modifications
- Ability to review and analyze in detail information submitted by applicants, including exhibits, studies and other information presented in order to formalize a decision on if the application meets the proposed development and level of service standards required by Village Code
- The ability to determine if the general requirements minimum aesthetic standards for all site development, buildings, structures, or alterations within the village except in districts R-1A and R-1 are met per Code.
The current vacancy is due to an incumbent moving out of the Village. The Village Council shall fill the vacancy during the January 12, 2023 Council Meeting. Alternate members serve a two-year term and Regular members serve a three-year term.
The application can be downloaded from the Village’s website under the Village Clerk’s page.
Applications will be accepted until 5:00 p.m. on Thursday, December 15, 2022. Questions: contact 561-768-0440.